Coconut oil is a natural product that contains numerous nutrients. It has wonderful properties and different benefits, both to be used as an effective medicinal remedy and as an essential ingredient for a vast number of products related to beauty and personal care.
Among its uses for cosmetics, coconut oil is best known for the care of our hair and our skin, although it is also very effective as a home remedy for lip care, since it has excellent nutritional and repairing properties.
In this article we teach you step by step how to make homemade lip balm with coconut oil and its different properties and health benefits for our lips.
You will need:
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 5 drops of lemon essential oil
Steps to follow:
Before starting this step by step on how to make coconut oil lip balm, it is very important that you know some of the properties and benefits of this wonderful product:
- It has a high content of nutrients such as lauric acid and vitamins E and K, which provide it with very powerful moisturizing properties that help to combat dry lips.
- Coconut oil also contains repairing and regenerating properties that help maintain a good level of collagen and elastic that prevent cracking of our lips.
- It is an excellent anti-inflammatory that also contains antibacterial properties that are ideal for treating skin disorders, such as a topic dermatitis.
- Finally, it has antioxidant properties that prevent possible damage to the skin of our lips caused by external agents such as sunlight and free radicals.
In addition to using coconut oil for this lip balm, we will also add the following ingredients to this home remedy for its lip properties:
- Honey: it is an ideal product for lip balm, since it contains excellent moisturizing properties that deeply hydrate the skin of the lips and, in addition, give them extra softness.
- Virgin olive oil: it contains nourishing and moisturizing properties ideal for those dry lips. In addition, it is also an excellent repairer that reduces possible lip cracks.
- Lemon essential oil: this fruit contains repairing properties to prevent dry lips. In addition, it will give a very pleasant smell to this lip balm.
Once these ingredients are mixed, pour the mixture into a water bath pot to melt the pasta that will have been created slowly with a low temperature. If you do not have a water bath pot, you can make the lip balm with two pots, one larger and one smaller to put inside the first one. To do it this way, you need to add a little water to the large pot and mix in the small pot.
When we have the mixture in the pot for a double boiler, we will melt the ingredients over low heat and remove them with a spoon frequently so that they mix perfectly between them.
When you are done, turn off the heat and, when the mixture is at a warm temperature, add a tablespoon of honey to the home remedy and stir until it is a uniform mixture. Although this step is optional, you can also add a little eye shadow before taking the mixture out of the container to give your lip balm a touch of color.