Having long eyelashes is the latest beauty trend.
Unfortunately, not all of us are lucky to have extra-long and abundant eyelashes and, in addition, we must bear in mind that they grow more slowly than hair. Still, there are a number of beauty tricks that we can put into practice to have longer eyelashes in a completely natural way.
Steps to follow:
1. In the same way that inadequate nutrition influences hair growth, what you eat daily also has an effect on eyelash growth. There are vitamins and minerals that help eyelashes grow faster, stronger and healthier. In addition to following a balanced diet, nutrients such as:
- Antioxidants: berries, tomato, kiwi, avocado, wheat germ, olive oil, citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables.
- Biotin or vitamin H: egg yolk, brewer’s yeast, blue fish, cauliflower, walnuts, strawberries, raspberries, bananas.
- Omega 3: blue fish, vegetable oils, chia or flaxseed seeds, nuts, fish oil.
2. Do you wear mascara daily or regularly? If it’s a habit, always remember that at the end of the day you remove it. Buy an eye makeup remover and apply it with a cotton pad. In the event that you use a waterproof mascara, you should choose a biphasic lotion, which combines an aqueous base with an oil and is the best option to completely remove resistant makeup.
3. Getting into the habit of brushing your lashes on a daily basis will also promote their growth and, in the long run, they will look thicker and brighter. It is best to buy a specific brush for eyelashes, but if you can’t get this brush, another option is to clean and use a mascara brush that has run out or is no longer used.
4. Without a doubt, the best trick to grow lashes is to nourish them in depth through products that hydrate and strengthen them, preventing their premature deterioration. Among the most effective, we find olive oil and castor oil, both of which are ideal for stimulating eyelash growth and keeping them well conditioned. The best thing is that you pour a few drops of one of these oils on the eyelash brush or on a cotton pad to apply it to them just before going to sleep, this way it will work throughout the night.
5. A little chamomile helps to strengthen and lengthen eyelashes naturally. In addition, it is a therapeutic plant with many benefits for eye health. To make the treatment, prepare an infusion of chamomile, strain the liquid and when it cools, apply a little to both the upper and lower lashes with the help of a cotton pad.
6. Don’t forget also that UV rays greatly weaken lashes, so a good way to protect them from the sun is to apply a transparent mascara with moisturizing components before exposure, as well as to wear sunglasses whenever possible.