The way of applying makeup greatly influences the final appearance of our face, making it even appear more or less thin. Therefore, if you want refined facial features you will have to resort to certain makeup tricks to achieve this.
Steps to follow:
1. In the same way as for any type of makeup, the first thing is to clean the skin well with a cleanser and apply a moisturizing facial cream that is suitable for your skin type. In this way, the final makeup will look smoother and will remain intact for longer.
2. Next, choose a makeup base that is the same as your skin tone so that it melts well and the effect is natural. Also apply a concealer in the area of dark circles and facial blemishes to hide them. After these steps, your face will be perfectly prepared to start with makeup tricks that will make you look slimmer.
3. The first product you need to sharpen your face is a slightly darker foundation than what you usually use. This is a fascinating trick to look slimmer, follow these steps:
- Apply a small amount of the darker base to both sides of the face by drawing a diagonal line. You must do it from the temple to the cheekbones. Blend the makeup well with gentle touches so you don’t notice the difference between the two makeup bases.
- Then use the same dark foundation and apply it just below the chin blending the makeup to match the skin tone of the neck.
4. To further refine your features and make your face look slimmer, use mattifying translucent powders. Glitter powders are not suitable as they tend to highlight curves and make the face look wider. Apply the powders with a brush to the T area of the face. For the area under the cheekbones, use a darker tone and apply the powders in an upward direction, bringing the brush to the temple.
5. The blush is another of the great allied products to makeup and look slimmer. Choose a blush in shades of pink or brown according to your preferences and apply it only from the center to the end of the cheekbones in an inclined way.
6. In eye makeup the goal is to make the eyes appear bigger. Highlighting the eyes and giving them prominence the face looks much thinner. To do this, use a black eyeliner and draw a line on the eyelid that is close to the eyelashes. Next, run a white liner over the inside edge of the eye to brighten your gaze and enlarge your eyes. Don’t forget to apply plenty of mascara to both the upper and lower lashes so that all attention is focused on them.
7. When we opt for a very pronounced eye makeup we should not detract from its prominence. So for the lips, it will be enough to outline them and blur the stroke to make them appear more voluminous and apply a nude or pink color.
Make your own homemade lip balm with coconut oil here to add to your makeup look.